Gold medal students who obtained an examination result of 90 or over (First Class Honours with Distinction), are invited to perform at the recital. If you earned a mark of 90 or over and are interested in performing, please continue reading otherwise, RSVP below.
Gold Medal Recital Submission
Gold medal students who obtained an examination result of 90 or over (First Class Honours with Distinction), are invited to perform at the recital. If you earned a mark of 90 or over and are interested in performing, please consult with your teacher and also review the recital repertoire selection criteria below prior to submitting your application. Due to recital time constraints, only a few Gold Medalists will be selected to perform.
Recital Repertoire Selection Criteria
You may select ONE piece (or ONE movement of a longer work) from the current RCM Syllabus to perform as outlined below. Please ask your teacher for guidance with your repertoire selection.
• The selection need not be one of the pieces you performed for your 2017–2018 performance examination, but it must be chosen from a level within the next two levels for which you received the award.
• The selection must be listed in the current RCM Syllabus for your instrument: Student's Choice or Teacher's Choice pieces are not acceptable for this performance
• All selections must be played by memory.
• Time limits must be strictly respected as follows:
- Performances at Preparatory Level - Level 4 may not exceed a maximum of three minutes
- Performances at Levels 5 - 8 may not exceed a maximum of five minutes
- Performances at Levels 9 - 10 may not exceed a maximum of seven minutes.