Registration activities begin at 10:30 am. Enter via the main doors of the Taylor Centre for Performing Arts, 4825 Mount Royal Gate SW, where you will be directed to Ross Glen Hall for registration by RCM staff. Arrive no later than 11:30 am for registration activities. In addition to preparing for the Convocation ceremony, the registration period provides a wonderful opportunity for you to meet your fellow graduates and have your graduate portrait photo taken. Please note that parents and guests are not permitted to join graduates in the registration area.
Lunch (for graduates only) will be provided between 11:00 am and 12:00 pm. Lunch is included in the registration fee.
Please make sure to indicate any food allergies or dietary restrictions on your online registration for Convocation. If you have severe food allergies, then we highly recommend that you bring your own lunch to avoid potential illness.
Gowns, Hoods, and Honour Cords
The Royal Conservatory will provide you with an academic gown, hood, and honour cord for the ceremony. Gown, hood, and honour cord rental is included in the registration fee.
Please be mindful of what you wear, as the gowns are open at the front and your clothing and footwear will be visible to the audience. Button-front shirts and dresses will help keep the hoods in place. A magnetic pin will also be supplied to you to ensure that your hood hangs properly.
All guests must have a ticket to enter the hall. Graduates will need to book guest tickets using the online registration link contained within the official Convocation evite. Graduates may book up to FIVE (5) guest tickets for this event. Tickets are free.
Following the Convocation, Graduates and their guests are invited to a casual reception.
CALGARY GRADUATE SCHEDULE
- Check-in and register inside Ross Glen Hall
- Confirm that the information on your Ceremony Card is correct (you will be provided with this card at registration)
- Pick up gown, hood, and honour cord
- Proceed to Lifetouch photographer studio for photos (prepare to pay $30 sitting fee - all methods of payment are accepted)
- Return to Ross Glen Hall before 12:00 PM to receive final event instructions from RCM staff
- Lunch is served inside Ross Glen Hall
- Marshalls line up Graduates
- Wear you honour cord and carry your hood over your left arm
- Make sure you have your Ceremony Card
- Marshalls lead the Graduate procession to Bella Hall
- Graduates are in Ceremony position outside the hall
- Ceremony ends and Marshalls lead Graduates out of Bella Concert Hall
- Post-ceremony reception begins in Bella Hall Lobby