Registration for Graduates begins at 10:30 am. Please go to Temerty Theatre at the TELUS Centre for Performance and Learning, 273 Bloor Street West, for registration and arrive no later than 11:30 am for gown and hood fitting. In addition to preparing for Convocation, this is a wonderful opportunity to meet your fellow graduates and have your photos professionally taken.
Please enter via the Bloor Street doors located on the west side of the building where the box office is located. RCM Staff will be onsite to help direct you to the registration area located inside Temerty Theatre (Room 200, 2nd Floor).
The Convocation Ceremony will begin promptly at 1:00 pm with the graduate procession into Koerner Hall.
During the ceremony, graduates are asked to remain seated until it is time to go on stage for the presentation of diplomas.
Please note that parents and guests are not permitted to join graduates until after the ceremony.
Lunch, for graduates only, will be provided between 11:00 am and 12:00 pm. Lunch is included in the registration fee.
Please indicate any food allergies or dietary restrictions when you register. If you have severe food allergies we suggest you bring your own lunch to avoid potential illness.
The Royal Conservatory will provide academic gowns and hoods for all graduates. Gown and hood rental is included in the registration fee.
Please be mindful of what you wear, as the gowns are open at the front and your clothing and footwear will be visible to the audience. Button-front shirts and dresses will help keep the hoods in place. We will also supply magnetic pins to help the hoods hang properly.
Guests must have a ticket to enter the hall so be sure to order your guest tickets early. Each graduate may invite up to two guests. Guest tickets are included in the registration fee. Ticketing pick-up information will be provided to graduates by email before the event.
Following the Convocation ceremony, graduates and their guests are invited to an informal reception held in the Leslie and Anna Dan Galleria. The reception is included in the registration fee.
- Check-in and registration in Temerty Theatre (Room 200)
- Confirm that the information on your Ceremony Card is correct (you will be provided with this card at registration)
- Pick up gown and hood
- Proceed to portrait photography studio in Room 250 for photos (no sitting fee)
- You must be in Conservatory Theatre by 12:00pm wearing your gown and hood
- Lunch is served to graduates only in Temerty Theatre
- Marshalls will begin lining you up into ceremony order
- Carry your hood over your left arm
- Make sure you have your Ceremony Card
- Marshalls will lead the procession to Koerner Hall
- Graduates in place for start of ceremony
- Ceremony ends and Marshalls lead graduates and faculty out of Koerner Hall
- Post-ceremony reception in Leslie and Anna Dan Galleria
- Return gown and hood to Temerty Theatre