YouthBeat and MathBeat are fun, engaging music programs for generalist Grade 4-8 teachers, math teachers, and music teachers.
Discover new talents in your classroom…unblock math learning through music…teach music basics in an interactive way…boost focus and confidence!
A variety of programs to suit different needs:
- YouthBeat Music Basics
- Grade 4-6 generalist students learn to create original musical ideas from scratch - no prior knowledge is required
- Grade 6-8 math students are deeply engaged as they discover the mathematics behind music in this culturally responsive program
- YouthBeat Middle School
- Grade 7-8 general music students explore music creation in depth through short self-study music making activities
- Music and Science
- Music provides engaging metaphors for science concepts, helping students scaffold learning
Easy to deploy - just click a web link and go!
Try this sample interactive activity to see if YouthBeat is right for you and your class
(scroll down once clicked))
Everything you need to get started now
Join our webinars to learn more about YouthBeat and MathBeat!
- Thursday, November 3 at 4:30 p.m. PT
To register, please email [email protected]
We’d love to hear from you
Send us samples of your student's work or tell us how the learning is going. Ask students to make short videos on their phones, introducing themselves (first name only), then recording the computer screen and audio as their piece is playing. Send the video link and your school and grade level to [email protected]. We’ll offer feedback whenever possible!
YouthBeat and MathBeat are provided free of charge to public schools across Canada thanks to our generous sponsors.
No logins and no student data are captured, so privacy and safety are assured.