Kathryn has been teaching for over seven years, both privately and in group environments. For six years she has been teaching through the El Sistema model, which is a free after-school music and social development program for children living in underserved communities. Kathryn whole-heartedly believes that learning music should be fun and accessible to all.
Anyone can learn music at any point in their lives!
Kathryn is comfortable coaching students through audition processes, RCM exams, and competitions, though she does not put a premium on those experiences, preferring first and foremost to encourage a love of music and learning.
How it works :
Kathryn teaches virtually using Zoom (both private and group classes) and can welcome students living anywhere in the world.
Kathryn currently resides in Toronto, ON. If and when it is safe to meet in-person she can organize in-person lessons in the GTA.
It is likely that a hybrid model will become the norm. Kathryn may offer a combination of virtual and in-person classes to take advantage of both models’ benefits and hopefully reduce barriers for students.
The classical music world can often be an intimidating and unwelcoming place. Kathryn wants to do everything she can to change that. She wants any and all kinds of students:
· People who just love to learn
· People who always wanted to learn music but faced barriers
· People who just want to learn about music so they can appreciate it more
· People who have no idea if they like music studies, but they want to find out
· People who want to forge a career in music
· People who have no idea what they’re doing with their life, and that’s okay
Instrument / Discipline
- Youth (7-17)
- Adults (18+)
- Young Children (under 7)
- 2018 - Master of Music - University of Toronto
- 2015 - Master of International Business - Queen's University
- 2014 - Bachelor of Music - Queen's University
- 2014 - Graduate Diploma in Business - Queen's University