Thank you for your interest in taking an Online Piano Teacher Course!
NEW Course Requirement Exemption Process
Please review the prerequisites and requirements for the course for which you are interested in applying. Continue reading to learn how to apply for a course for which you do not have a prerequisite.
Please note that online Piano Teacher Courses are taught in English, and we recommend having a sufficient level of English fluency in order to truly benefit from the course materials and to engage in group discussions.
Teaching Elementary Piano
Mandatory Age Requirement: 16+ | Prerequisites: None
Teaching Intermediate Piano
Mandatory Age Requirement: 16+ | Prerequisites (at least one of the following):
- Completion of the Teaching Elementary Piano Course and a mark of 60+, or
- RCM Certified Teacher with Elementary Piano Specialist designation, or
- Elementary Piano Pedagogy Certificate, or
- Elementary Pedagogy Written Exam, mark of 70+
Teaching Advanced Piano
Mandatory Age Requirement: 18+ | Prerequisites (at least one of the following):
- Completion of the Teaching Intermediate Piano Course and a mark of 60+, or
- RCM Certified Teacher with Intermediate Piano Specialist designation, or
- Intermediate Piano Pedagogy Certificate, or
- Intermediate Pedagogy Written Exam, mark of 70+
If you are interested in taking a course but do not have any of the prerequisites above (based on our records), and believe you have the experience or qualifications to enable you to successfully take the course, please fill out our exemption request form
. Please note that these are indepth courses, and we highly recommend that you have one of the prerequisites prior to enrolling.
If you fill out this form, please do not enroll in your Online Piano Teacher Course until you have heard back from us as to whether your request has been accepted. Please submit your exemption request at least one week prior to the course enrollment deadline to allow for assessment and processing.
REQUEST A COURSE EXEMPTION
If you do meet the age requirement and prerequisite for your course, please log in to your RCM Account first by clicking here, and then click the button below to enroll.