I have ARCT Piano Teacher Diploma and Advanced Piano Pedagogy Certificate from RCM. I am a RCM certified teacher for all levels of Piano and Theory. I studied piano with Chief Examiners of RCM.
One of my students received RCM Gold Medal award (highest exam mark in Ontario and Quebec) and I received a teacher award from the Ontario Registered Music Teachers Association (ORMTA), known as the Ontario Contribution to Teaching Award (OCTA).
I served on the Provincial Council of ORMTA as a Greater Toronto Area Zone Representative and am active member of 4 major music associations.
My students have excellent RCM exam results. Please visit my website at http://irenefongleung.duetpartner.com to read the testimonial section of what other students say about taking lessons with me.
I do not teach at my home. Students have the option of at-your-home lessons, online lesson or lessons at a studio rented in a music school.
I am accepting new students of any age, and any level. I teach piano and piano pedagogy and music theory. Please registered your child, or children, or yourself, on my website.
Lessons are scheduled according to the order of the registration and the availability of mutually agreeable time slots.
Instrument / Discipline
- Piano Pedagogy
- Youth (7-17)
- Adults (18+)
- Young Children (under 7)
- At own studio
- At student home
- Harmony - Advanced
- Piano - Advanced
- Piano - Elementary
- Piano - Intermediate
- Theory - Elementary
- Theory - Intermediate
- 2003 - B.Ed Additional Qualif - u. of Toronto
- 1997 - B.Ed Additional Qualif - York U
- 1972 - B.Ed, - U. of Toronto
- 1971 - M.Sc. - U. of Waterloo
- 1965 - B. Sc. - U of California, Berkeley
- 1959 - grade 8 (Final) - Associated Board Royal School of Music England
- Music Teachers National Association - National
- Ontario College of Teachers - Provincial / State
- Ontario Registered Music Teachers' Association - Provincial / State
- The Frances Clark Center for Keyboard Pedagogy - National