Audition Information - The Taylor Academy
General Audition Information
- Applicants are responsible for bringing an accompanist if required.
- Applicants should arrive at least 30 minutes before the scheduled audition time. A warm-up room will be provided 20 minutes before the audition.
- Audition time slots are 15 minutes; total audition repertoire may be longer than 15 minutes in duration, however jury panellists may request to stop performances at any time.
- Applicants must supply a copy of the music for the jury panel.
- Parents/guardians and teachers are not allowed to accompany applicants into the audition room.
- Memorization: Applicants must have audition pieces memorized, except for instrumental duos that are considered to be chamber works (e.g., violin and piano sonatas by Mozart, Beethoven, or Brahms).
- Interview: Following each audition there will be a brief, informal interview with members of the jury and faculty. Applicants may be asked to describe their musical and academic background in more detail and to discuss their plans for the future.
Audition Repertoire Requirements by Discipline
Prospective applicants in other disciplines should contact the manager
to discuss application.
Visit the Taylor Academy Application Portal