The RCM Certificate Program offers examinations at all levels as an integral part of our renowned system of study. This is because examinations:
- provide students with a challenge to prepare for and overcome
- help students to set goals and round out their musical knowledge.
- are a great way for them to show off student progression and achievements and a wonderful way to celebrate student success along their music journey
Students who take exams see additional benefits, both in their daily lives and in their music training. Here are a few examples:
- Eligible to win Gold Medal awards from The Royal Conservatory.
- Many high schools recognize RCM Certficate Program examinations for credit toward graduation.
- An accredited examiner from the RCM's College of Examiners provides objective feedback and comments which can be valuable in developing the student’s skills.
- Students who participate in RCM examinations tend to become more dedicated to their instrument and practice more often.
- Achievement in RCM Certificate Program examinations is an impressive addition to any résumé. More than just sharing individual’s musical accomplishments, it is indicative of their creativity, a willingness to learn, an ability to set both short and long-term goals, and a commitment to achieving difficult tasks.
We encourage all our students to take examinations to challenge themselves and help build their confidence!