College of Examiners
The College of Examiners is made up of over 350 distinguished professional teachers and performers from across North America. College members provide evaluations on behalf of The Royal Conservatory, offering valuable feedback, and celebrating the achievement of students participating in The Royal Conservatory Certificate Program.
Members of the College of Examiners bring a rich variety of experience in education and performance. All are actively engaged in the RCM Certificate Program and are RCM Certified Teachers.
Prior to being admitted to the College of Examiners, members must successfully complete all components of the Adjudicator Certification Program. After completing the program, College members continue to participate in ongoing professional development workshops to refine their skills and to maintain consistency in evaluation and assessment.
Joining the College of Examiners
Applicants should possess at minimum:
- A Bachelor of Music or equivalent degree/diploma (Masters degree preferred)
- RCM Teacher Certification - Advanced Specialist
- Five years of professional teaching experience
- Adjudicating experience at festivals/competitions (Practical Subject applicants only)
- Demonstrated success with examination candidates in The Royal Conservatory Certificate Program
- Strong writing and time management skills
- Computer skills, basic typing skills, and experience and comfort communicating with students online.
Adjudicator Certification Program (ACP)
The Adjudicator Certification Program provides in-depth training in all aspects of conducting and evaluating examinations. A series of intensive seminars is followed by practicum sessions in which participants work with experienced examiners to gain practical experience.
The Adjudicator Certification Program is currently offered online, with focus on remote examining.
Applications for the Adjudicator Certification Program are accepted throughout the year and will be kept on file for review in advance of each training session.
How to Apply
For the Adjudicator Certification Program - Practical Subjects, please complete this online application form.
For the Adjudicator Certification Program - Theoretical Subjects, the online form will be available shortly.