New & Noteworthy: November 2021
Fifth ARC Ensemble Recording Garners Acclaim
Celebrated for “its elegant lyricism and emotional directness of expression,” ARC Ensemble
’s latest recording, Chamber Works by Dmitri Klebanov
, has struck a chord with critics.
Introducing the Dior Quartet: 2021-22 GGS Quartet in Residence
The Dior Quartet has joined the ranks of The Glenn Gould School for an unrivalled creative opportunity as this year’s Quartet in Residence.
GGS Alumni Spotlight: Jonelle Sills and the Three Rs of Opera
Glenn Gould School alumna Jonelle Sills (ADP ’18, soprano) speaks with us about her experience as a young emerging artist.
- Join us for other performances next month:
- Sae Yoon Chon (BMus ’19 / ADP ’21, piano) made his Carnegie Hall solo debut on November 15.
- Godwin Friesen (BMus ’20 / ADP ’22, piano) has been performing a program of works by Chopin for Toronto audiences throughout the fall as part of the Candlelight Concert Series.
- Mezzo-soprano Ema Nikolovska (PDP ’15 / violin) has joined Askonas Holt for general management, one of the world’s leading arts management companies, specializing in the field of classical music.
- Distinguished artist and GGS Faculty member John Perry was recently inducted into the Steinway Piano Hall of Fame and his name will now be displayed on a commemorative listing at the iconic Steinway Piano Factory in New York City.
- Associate Dean of The Glenn Gould School Barry Shiffman was interviewed by the Violin Channel about what GGS has to offer prospective students.