Jane was born in Saskatchewan, and raised in Ottawa.
Her musical interest was apparent at a very early age and nurtured by her parents. Piano lessons began at the age of 6 years, and she performed locally in Ottawa, studying with Dina Namer in her teenage years.
Jane completed a Bachelor's Degree in Music from Ottawa and Carleton, where she studied with International renowned pianists/professors – Andrew Tunis and Christina Petrowska. Jane attained her ARCT (Associateship with the Royal Conservatory of Music, Toronto). Jane accomplished up to RCM Grade 9 Voice .
Jane has taught piano for 30 years in the Kanata/Ottawa area and is a Registered ORMTA teacher. She is a member of the CFMTA, Provincial ORMTA, Ottawa ORMTA and other local associations.
Instrument / Discipline
- Piano Pedagogy
- Youth (7-17)
- Adults (18+)
- Young Children (under 7)
- At a school
- At own studio
- Piano - Advanced
- Piano - Elementary
- Piano - Intermediate
- Theory - Elementary
- Theory - Intermediate
- 2003 - ARCT (Associateship of the Royal Conservatory of Music, Toronto) - Royal Conservatory of Music
- 1988 - BA Music/Piano - Carleton University
- Harpsichord - BA Music Minor study - 1985
- RCM Gr 8 Vocal Exam - RCM Gr 8 Vocal Exam - 2017
- Vocal Masterclass - Musical Theatre Ottawa - 2017
- Carl Orff Canada - National
- Music Teachers National Association - National
- Ontario Registered Music Teachers' Association - Provincial / State