Teaching is such a privilege - I enjoy working with students who have a passion for music and learn music to explore new avenues. I graduated from the University of North Texas with a Bachelor of Music in voice and piano, with over 40 years combined performing and teaching experience in piano, voice and organ. My training includes emphasis in instrumental (piano and organ), vocal technique and performance, and theory. I have taught music as a private piano and voice teacher, as a classroom music teacher and as a private music class instructor, using Musikgarten and Feierabend teaching strategies. I have designed music programs for private preschools, elementary schools, and middle schools.
I am a member of Edmonds Music Teachers Association (which is the local chapter for Music Teachers National Association), a member of the National Association for the Education of Young Children and of NAfME (National Association for Music Educators), a Guild Member of the National Piano-Playing Auditions, and a Certified Royal Conservatory Teacher and Center Representative, along with my husband, Daniel Sales.
- Youth (7-17)
- Adults (18+)
- Young Children (under 7)
- At own home
- At own studio
- Piano - Elementary
- Piano - Intermediate
- 1974 - Bachelor of Music/Music Education - University of North Texas
- First Steps in Music - Certification in Feierabend Methodology preschool and Early Elementary - 2018
- Musikgarten - All Level - Certified in all levels of Musikgarten training Babies through Piano Class - 2003
- American College of Musicians - National
- Music Teachers National Association - National
- Washington Music Teachers Association - Provincial / State