Deepani de Alwis has the experience and flexibility to teach students at every level, age and nationality. Her musical education spans several countries ( Colombo Sri Lanka, Rome Italy, Glasgow Scotland, London England to Toronto Canada), and systems from ABRSM and Trinity College qualifications in UK to RCM in Canada.. As National Gold Medallist for LRCM Performance, Deepani has the tools to bring out the best in a student and advance his/her abilities very quickly. The only requirements from her students are enthusiasm and willingness to commit to a daily practice routine.
Deepani acquired triple ARCT qualifications in Piano performance, Piano pedagogy, and Voice Performance. She was awarded the National Gold Medal for LRCM Performance in 2015.
Presently, Deepani has transformed her studio to an online one and successfully taught and continues to teach numerous preliminary to advanced level (Including diploma) students for their practical RCM examinations since the pandemic began without any interruption by switching to online teaching in February 2020. She enjoys the fact that technology has skyrocketed the success of her students and has given her new ways to expand and reinvent her teaching style.
• Links to some performances:
Instrument / Discipline
- Piano Pedagogy
- Youth (7-17)
- Adults (18+)
- Young Children (under 7)
- At a school
- At own studio
- Harmony - Advanced
- History - Advanced
- Piano - Advanced
- Piano - Elementary
- Piano - Intermediate
- Theory - Elementary
- Theory - Intermediate
- 2018 - ARCT Piano Pedagogy - RCM
- 2018 - ARCT Voice Performance - RCM
- 2015 - LRCM National Gold Medalist - RCM
- 2014 - ARCT Piano Performance - RCM.
- 1995 - Post Graduate Certificate - Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, UK
- 1994 - FTCL - Trinity College of Music, UK
- 1993 - BA Musical Studies - Royal Conservatoire of Scotland / University of Glasgow, UK
- 1990 - LRSM - ABRSM, UK.
- 1989 - LTCL - Trinity College of Music, UK
- Ontario Registered Music Teachers' Association - Provincial / State