I am a classically trained music composer and have been writing, performing, and recording music on the guitar professionally in various idioms for more then 40 years. I hold graduate and undergraduate music degrees from the University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL in Composition (D.M.A.), Media Writing and Production (M.M.), and Music Theory-Composition (with a jazz emphasis) (B.M.). I also hold certificates from Fanshawe College, London, ON in Recording Engineering and Recorded Music Production. I have written serious contemporary 20th century classical music for full orchestra and many varied small to large size chamber groups, as well have written jazz, rock, and popular music for ensembles ranging from big bands to pop-rock groups. I served a three year term as a Music Committee Member for the Toronto Arts Council, adjudicating music performance, composition, and recording grant applications. I taught music theory, music appreciation, and music history at Bemidji State University, Bemidji, MN, and am an accredited music teacher with the Royal Conservatory of Music. I have provided music lessons to all age groups through my own private music studio since 1996.
Instrument / Discipline
- Double Bass
- Youth (7-17)
- Adults (18+)
- Young Children (under 7)
- At own home
- At own studio
- At student home
- 1996 - Doctor of Musical Arts - University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, U.S.A.
- 1990 - Master of Music - University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, U.S.A.
- 1988 - Bachelor of Music - University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, U.S.A.
- 1982 - Recorded Music Production - Fanshawe College, London, ON, CANADA
- 1981 - Recording Engineering - Fanshawe College, London, ON, CANADA