I am the retired Principal Harpist of the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra (1982-2018). I am an Adjunct Professor of Harp at UBC School of Music. I have been teaching ever since I graduated from University of Toronto with my Bachelor's degree in Performance, and after spending a school year in Cleveland studying with Alice Chalifoux. I compose music for harp, some of which is in the RCM Syllabus.
My web site is www.elizabethvolpebligh.com.
- Youth (7-17)
- At a school
- At own home
- At own studio
- 1976 - four summers - Salzedo Harp Colony
- 1976 - one year post-grad harp lessons - Cleveland Institute of Music
- 1975 - MusBac - University of Toronto
- American Harp Society Conference in Tacoma, WA - performer, panellist - 2010
- World Harp Congress - Artistic Chair of Host Committee - 2011
- World Harp Congress - performer, panellist - 2014
- World Harp Congress, Hong Kong - lecturer - 2018
- World Harp Congress, Netherlands - harp conference attendee - 2008