Kathleen Gorman is an accomplished and celebrated pianist, composer, vocalist and educator. With degrees in both classical and jazz piano, as well as advanced composition, she offers students of all ages several innovative study options.
Whether preparing for a grade 3 - 10 piano exam and theory, or wanting to learn jazz piano or improvisation, Kathleen’s skills as both professional musician and respected educator allows students the option to expand their musical horizons in a very creative and enjoyable way.
Adult students of Jazz are welcomed and those interested in preparing for university jazz programs. Kathleen also offers an excellent theory program for singer/songwriters and anyone interested in exploring their creativity at the piano.
Instrument / Discipline
- Youth (7-17)
- Adults (18+)
- At own home
- At own studio
- At student home
- 1990 - Advanced courses in composition/orchestration - McGill University
- 1988 - B.F.A. Music - Concordia University
- 1983 - A.R.C.T. Performance - Royal Conservatory of Music, Toronto
- Classical Piano studies - Private study with Antonin Kubaleck - 1999
- Piano Performance course - Masterclasseswith Boyanna Toyich, professional training - 2000
- Ontario Registered Music Teachers' Association - Provincial / State