I am a qualified, experienced & active
Ontario Registered Music Teacher with the Oshawa & District Branch.
I am a RCM Certified Music Teacher/Specialist who has been teaching since 1995 & an active member of (NATS) National Association of Teachers of Singing.
I have enjoyed teaching students (private & individual lessons) in voice, piano & rudiments.
Due to Covid-19 I am teaching only Online via Musicology, Zoom , FaceTime platforms :
voice & piano lessons.
In 2018, my student was a recipient of the 2018 RCM Gold Medal for Voice in Ontario.
My students have gone to study singing at post secondary & University programs and Europe.
I have students that have performed as leads/soloists in Opera and musical theatre productions at Oshawa Little Theatre &
Whitby Courthouse Theatre.
I enjoy nurturing musical creativity and developing self confidence in my students through voice and piano.
Larissa A. Szepetyk Music Studio is a friendly, goal-orientated, holistic and supportive learning environment aimed at refining, improving and creating musical skills.
Why I teach:
I believe that when someone is exposed to music or art of any form, their perception of the world changes.
Music has such a positive and powerful influence; it transforms thought and molds expression.
I love helping students discover their musical talents.
Truly, music is the international language of the world and a mind builder.
Music lessons benefit students by increasing self confidence, building emotional resilience and creating empathy.
Over time, music students develop self discipline, endurance and stamina skills, while learning motivation, compassion and patience.
These skills help create a well rounded individual who is able to take on the world with an open mind and an open heart.
Throughout the years, I have helped many students who I've seen musically transform after just a few lessons - whether it be pitch-matching or note-playing.
When a student is dedicated, persistent and consistent they succeed.
- Youth (7-17)
- At own home
- At own studio
- Piano - Elementary
- Piano - Intermediate
- Theory - Elementary
- Theory - Intermediate
- Voice - Elementary
- Voice - Intermediate
- 2019 - e-Diploma for The Art of Teaching Theory Level 6 & 7, 8 week webinar series - The Royal Conservatory of Music
- 2018 - Diploma: Teacher Certificate of Recognition - The Royal Conservatory of Music
- 2018 - e-Diploma for The Art of Teaching Theory , Level 5 webinar series - The Royal Conservatory of Music
- 2018 - e-Diploma for The Art of Teaching Theory, Level 8 webinar series - The Royal Conservatory of Music
- 1992 - Bachelor of Music in Performance - University of Toronto
- Canadian Music Centre - National
- National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. - National
- Ontario Registered Music Teachers' Association - Provincial / State