Nila Azar is an active cellist and pianist in Vancouver, BC. She was awarded a scholarship to pursue her Bachelor's degree at UBC School of Music. She studied at Tehran Music Conservatory and had been playing Cello for more than ten years. She performed with different orchestras and music ensembles in Iran and Canada. She had the opportunity to receive scholarships from the UBC music summer camp and North Shore music academy for two consecutive years.
She worked with many great musicians such as Professor Eric Wilson, Liane Langton, Marina Thibeault, Diane Sanford, and Jonathan Der in Vancouver. As an active music instructor, she taught Cello, piano, music theory, and kids group classes for more than six years. In addition, she is a performer at the UBC Symphony Orchestra and worked as a volunteer performer at various fundraising events. As a teacher, She believes that it is essential to have structural lessons with accuracy, technique, theory, and musicianship. She aims to value individual learning methods and activities useful for each student while creating an enjoyable ambiance to find depth in learning.
Instrument / Discipline
- Youth (7-17)
- Adults (18+)
- Young Children (under 7)
- At own studio
- At student home
- Finalist - Javan Competition Music Festival - 2015
- Full scholarship - North Shore Music Academy - 2019
- Scholarship - North Shore Music Academy - 2018
- Scholarship - UBC Music Summer Camp - 2018
- Teacher - Cello, Theory, Piano, and Ear Training - 2019
- Volunteer Teaching - Music Theory and Ear Training - 2015