I am the founder and joint owner of Blair Academy for the Arts . We enjoy the teaching of over 300 lessons in Voice , Piano, Violin, Cello, and Guitar.
I myself have degree in Vocal Performance , minor in piano , music theory , with an emphasis on Creative Childhood Development. I have been teaching piano and voice privately for over 40 years and have experience in a school and college setting of teaching. I have Teaching Certifications with the Royal Conservatory in Voice, Piano, and Theory, having taken students through the assessment program for over 8 years through levels Prep through 10 in piano , levels 8 in Voice , and Full teacher certification in theory , piano , and voice with RCM as well. I extensively use the RCM program as my main foundation for teaching.
We have incorporated group programs for "Mini-Musicians" (ages 2-5) and a Musical Theater Workshop in which we teach the elements of musical technique and performance. I developement the curriculum for all of our group programs, camps, and supervise our private study with all of our teachers. I have also taught distance classes in Voice and Piano for 5 + years in various states in the US.
I am a member of MTNA, AMTA, NFMC, ACMA, participate in area competitions and festivals as well as cooperate with area colleges in combining programs, asssisting , and advising on ideas , courses, and projects. I have studied CCM at Shenandoah University and been under a certification program with Barbara Lister-Sink for Preventative Keyboard Injury and dealing handicapps for pianisists.
I love what I do and thoroughly enjoy the private sector of teaching and welcome distance students to my studio.
Instrument / Discipline
- Piano Pedagogy
- Youth (7-17)
- Adults (18+)
- Young Children (under 7)
- Piano - Advanced
- Piano - Elementary
- Piano - Intermediate
- Theory - Elementary
- Theory - Intermediate
- Voice - Elementary
- Voice - Intermediate
- 2005 - Bachelors of Arts - East Tennessee University
- CCM (Commercial Contemporary Music) - Shenandoah College, VA - Techinique by Jeanie LeVotre of the crossing over into contemporary music. Pedagogy, ideology, history. Techniques specific to Musical Theater development, jazz; specifics in terminology and training in belting, head and chest mixes . - 2015
- Preventative Keyboard Injury - Working with Barbara Lister Sink at Salem College in NC an course in techinique for prevention and rehabilitation of keyboard in jury. Also included training in the Alexander Techinque method - 2013
- Music Teachers National Association - National
- National Association of Teachers of Singing - National