Teaching Elementary Piano
Teaching Elementary Piano
Great teachers are always learning.
Discover how you can instill a lifelong love of music in your beginning students from the very first lesson through to the important early years of study. For less than $50/week, learn from the comfort of home or anywhere with internet access - any time of the day or night.
This online course follows a 10-week schedule, with an average of four to six hours of work required each week.
If you are a new teacher
This course will give you a strong pedagogical foundation and new insights towards teaching that will help you and your students achieve success.
If you are a seasoned professional
Whether that be in piano or other disciplines, you will have the opportunity to learn from other experts in your field, as well as share your own approaches and techniques with your classmates.
Take a peek inside the course:
- The Piano Posture
- Correct Wrist Height
- Principles of Fingering
- Engaging Students in Sight Reading
- Preparing for Assessments
- Introduction to Repertoire
- Baroque Dances
- Exploring Sound – Aural Connections
... and much more!
Sitting Position, Nail Joints, and Hand Movement with Marvin Blickenstaff
The Steps of Sight Reading with Elaine Rusk
The Minuet with Deborah How
Ice-Breakers and Keyboard Geography with Marvin Blickenstaff
New Toronto Pilot: Elementary Piano Pedagogy Intensive
This new offering provides an enriched learning experience towards completion of Elementary Piano Pedagogy certification which includes participation in our Summer Summit Conference, the premier professional development event for music teachers in Canada.
|NEW: Summer Intensive
||July 15 – August 12, 2019
||Learn More & Register
||September 25 – December 4, 2019
||September 15, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST
||February 5 – April 15, 2020
||January 26, 2020 at 11:59 PM PST
||June 10 – August 19, 2020
||May 28, 2020 at 11:59 PM PST
- Valuable advice and approaches from master teachers and pedagogues
- Bite-sized video tutorials that fit into your busy teaching schedule
- Insightful articles and assignments to challenge your thinking and take you deeper
- Downloadable templates and resources to support your teaching
- Proactive questions to stimulate discussion and reflection
- Personalized feedback from experienced facilitators
What You Receive:
- A set of innovative strategies and practical skills to teach beginning students
- The chance to learn alongside a network of up to 25 like-minded teachers dedicated to lifelong learning
- The opportunity to connect with your peers and share your teaching challenges and successes
- A certificate to recognize your accomplishment and display in your studio
- A summative portfolio, built from all your course assignments - a valuable tool to build your teaching practice
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive 6 months' access to comprehensive professional development resources on your RCM Teacher Portal
DISCOVER OUR WHOLE SUITE OF PIANO TEACHER COURSES
Like many other teachers, I had studied music but not pedagogy...I've realized that if I want to be great piano teacher, I need to be trained as both pianist and as a teacher