Teaching Intermediate Piano
Teaching Intermediate Piano
Great teachers are always learning.
Develop strategies to keep your busy intermediate students engaged and inspired. For $499, learn from the comfort of home or anywhere with internet access - any time of the day or night.
This online course follows a 10-week schedule, with an average of four to six hours of work required each week.
This course will
Build on your current knowledge and focus on topics that will help you guide your intermediate-level students through their musical journey.
Take a peek inside the course:
- The Role and Importance of Lesson Planning
- Student Engagement, Motivation, and Retention
- Encouraging Independence
- Strategies for Memorization
- Music for Busy Teens
- Artistic Mastery
... and much more!
The Arm with Kent McWilliams
Session Dates and Enrollment Deadlines
2021 – 2022 Sessions
||September 22 – December 1, 2021
Sept 15, 2021 - Enroll Now
||February 2 – April 13, 2022
Jan 26, 2022 - Enroll Now
||June 8 – August 17, 2022
June 1, 2022 - Enroll Now
Prerequisites and Required Materials
*Applicants who do not meet these requirements should register for the Elementary Piano Guided course, which provides weekly check-ins with a facilitator, and submission and feedback on assignments at the end of each unit.
If you believe you have experience or qualifications outside of the required prerequisites that have prepared you to successfully complete a course, please fill out this form
. Please note that these courses are high level, and we strongly recommend having the required prerequisites prior to enrolling in the course.
Please note that online Piano Teacher Courses are taught in English, and we recommend having a sufficient level of English fluency in order to truly benefit from the course materials and to engage in group discussions.
- Bite-sized video tutorials that fit into your busy teaching schedule
- Valuable advice and approaches from master teachers and pedagogues
- Insightful articles and assignments to challenge your thinking and take you deeper
- Downloadable templates and resources to support your teaching
- Proactive questions to stimulate discussion and reflection
- Personalized feedback from experienced facilitators
What You Receive:
- A set of innovative strategies and practical skills to teach intermediate students
- The chance to learn alongside a network of up to 25 like-minded teachers dedicated to lifelong learning
- The opportunity to connect with your peers and share your teaching challenges and successes
- A certificate to recognize your accomplishment and display in your studio
- A summative portfolio, built from all your course assignments - a valuable tool to build your teaching practice
DISCOVER OUR WHOLE SUITE OF PIANO TEACHER COURSES