Education - Studies
- ATCL (Performer), Trinity College of Music London, England
- ATCL (Teacher), Trinity College of Music, London, England
- LTCL (Teacher), Trinity College of Music, London, England
- BSc (Mathematics), University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB
- Private Studio, Richmond Hill, ON
- Private Studio, Scarborough/Toronto, ON
- Y. C. Chau Piano Co., Scarborough, ON
- Private teaching, Vancouver, BC
During her years of teaching Betty Wu has prepared her students for Royal Conservatory examinations, Kiwanis Music Festivals, and Ontario Registered Music Teachers' Association auditions and performances. Betty has also taught rudiments, history, and harmony to students of all ages, including adults; some of her students have been as young as four years old.
She began her senior piano studies with the concert pianist Thelma Johannes O'Neil at the Alberta College Music Centre in Edmonton, and studied theory with Robert E. Hooper in Calgary, Alberta. Both teachers influenced Betty to further her musical studies. She began her ATCL pedagogy studies with the popular Samuel Lee in Hong Kong, and continued ATCL and LTCL piano and pedagogy studies with Edward E. Parker in Vancouver, BC. Later she was a student at The Royal Conservatory in Toronto.
Betty has attended Royal Conservatory professional workshops, the Keyboard Pedagogy Professional Development Summit, Ontario Teacher Development Seminars, and workshops organized by the Ontario Registered Music Teachers' Association.
She performed in a teachers' night organized by the Ontario Registered Music Teachers' Association-North York Branch and in a master class arranged by her previous teacher.
Ms. Wu is currently a parent council member of a top high school in York Region, providing support and ideas to the school administration in dealing with day-to-day school issues. She also acts as a subcommittee member assisting in school fundraising.
- Ontario Registered Music Teachers' Association
- Canadian Federation of Music Teachers' Association/FCAPM