Alison Kranias has been teaching piano in Ottawa for over 15 years, and taught in Calgary for 7 years before that. She offers Music for Young Children group classes as well as private lessons at her studio at Knox United Church in Nepean. She is much appreciated for her patience and the excellent rapport she builds with her students.
Alison studied harpsichord with Hank Knox at McGill University, graduating with a Bachelor of Music and later a Master of Arts in Musicology. She took up the organ after moving to Ottawa and is now Music Director at Knox United Church where she works with ensembles of all sorts and all ages, including a youth band, tone chime group and adult choir. She loves helping people get involved in music making, whether it’s by joining a choir or learning their very first songs on the piano.
Instrument / Discipline
- Youth (7-17)
- Adults (18+)
- Young Children (under 7)
- At a school
- At own studio
- 2015 - Colleague - Royal Canadian College of Organists
- 2006 - MA - McGill University
- 1995 - B Mus - McGill University
- MYC Level 1 Seminar - This week-long course lays the foundation of the teacher’s knowledge and ability to understand, teach and apply the MYC Method, covering MYC specific pre-teaching techniques, MYC Critters (keyboard and rhythm) and lesson planning. - 2021
- Music for Young Children - National
- Ontario Registered Music Teachers' Association - Provincial / State
- Royal Canadian College of Organists - National