I live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband and our two teenagers who attend Tahoma High School. Since 2002, we have enjoyed the many things that the area has to offer.
I have lived and taught piano in various parts of Canada and the United States while working in the health care field. After some time away from teaching to raise our kids, I am happy to be teaching here in Washington state!
I am grateful for the opportunity to have studied music since the age of 5, as well as taught through the Royal Conservatory Music for three decades. I continue to study music as well as work and instruct in the health care field and feel my diverse background has prepared me for almost anything!
I teach students ages 5 and up from beginner to intermediate levels. Students will learn how to read and play a variety of music from multiple sources. We will learn fundamentals and technique from the Royal Conservatory of Music Syllabus as well as music theory, some history and any mutually agreed upon repertoire. Music is a multi- faceted discipline, so I strive to incorporate as many aspects as possible into the curriculum. We will work on musicianship, technique, theory and repertoire.
I believe you must love what you are doing if you wish to succeed and I will make every effort to tailor the lesson to fit the learning style and individual preferences of my students.
A perfect balance between fun and learning is my main goal for each and every lesson!
- Youth (7-17)
- Young Children (under 7)
- At own home
- At own studio
- 2018 - Teaching Elementary Piano - Royal Conservatory of Music
- 1995 - Advanced Rudiments - Royal Conservatory of Music
- Advanced Rudiments - Royal Conservatory of Music - 1995
- Elementary Piano - Royal Conservatory of Music - 2018
- Grade 7 Piano - Royal Conservatory of Music - 1990
- Grade 8 Piano - Royal Conservatory of Music - 1991
- Washington Music Teachers Association - Provincial / State