Dawn Harkins enjoys teaching students at all levels and thoroughly enjoys watching their progress as a singer and as a complete musician, developing strong theory, sight singing and ear training skills as well as some knowledge of music history along the way. Her students have won Regional, State and National competitions, such as NATS and CS Vocal, and ranked in the top 3 in Hal Leonard Vocal Competition. Many of her students have gone on to study voice, musical theater, vocal jazz, and music education at reputable Universities and are making their way in the music industry.
Dawn is a professional singer/actress with a degree in Vocal Performance who has sung at home and abroad in musical theater, cabaret and concert settings. She released her first solo album in 2009, “DAWN OF A NEW DAY!” which was featured along with an interview on KPOV FM radio’s “Curtain Call.” She is a graduate of the International Cabaret Conference at Yale University. Dawn released her second solo album, "THIS IS ROMANCE" in September 2011.
- Youth (7-17)
- Voice - Elementary
- Voice - Intermediate
- 1996 - Bachelor of Arts - Judson College
- Broadway Teachers Workshop - Broadway Teaching Group (New York, NY) Workshops and Masterclasses related to Musical Direction and Direction of Broadway Musicals - 2014
- Know Your Voice - Jacobs School of Music, Indian University Summer Vocology Course - 2018
- The Naked Voice Institute - Northwestern University (Evanston, IL) Vocal Pedagogy Course Designed around the principles of "The Naked Voice: A Wholistic Approach to Singing" by Stephen W. Smith - 2017
- The Naked Voice Institute for Teachers, Part 2 - Northwestern University (Evanston, IL) Vocal Pedagogy Course Designed around the principles in the last 2 inventions of "The Naked Voice: A Wholistic Approach to Singing" by Stephen W. Smith - 2019
- The Vocal Pedagogy Professional Workshop - Boston Conservatory Summer Pedagogy Course - 2016
- Illinois Music Teachers Association - Provincial / State
- Music Teachers National Association - National
- National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. - National