Highly acclaimed performer and teacher, Mr. Gefter emerged on the musical scene in 1971.
Ever since 1996 he has been a faculty member of the Claude Watson Art Program. His students went on to win top prizes in the international competitions as well being admitted to both Juilliard School and Curtis Institute of Music.
In his eleventh year as Music Director of the Festival Wind Orchestra, Gennady has built the FWO into a formidable ensemble prized by the city and region.
Mr.Gefter holds Masters of Music degrees both conducting and flute performance. He has studied conducting with a such eminent maestros as, Dmitry Kitaenko and Ilya Musin.
His flute students play with major international orchestras including Berlin Philharmonic among others.
Gennady is passionate about teaching and is committed to education as a whole.
Numerous Chamber groups and Symphonic Band of EHSS work under his tutelage and won many prestigious Awards and Scholarships at the local, provincial and national competitions.
“…You are an inspiration to all. My sincere congratulations to you for bringing such a joy to music.”
Instrument / Discipline
- Youth (7-17)
- Adults (18+)
- At own home
- At own studio
- 1976 - Post Graduate Study in Conducting - Leningrad State Conservatory
- 1974 - Solo Performer in Flute - Kharkov Institute of Arts
- 1969 - Orchestra performer in Flute, Conductor - Zaporozhye State Musical College
- Canadian Music Educators' Association - National
- Ontario Registered Music Teachers' Association - Provincial / State