Experienced, patient, fun!
From a musical family, Yvonne has been playing piano since the age of 3. She’s won eisteddfods and competitions, and performed widely, from the Sydney Opera House to the opening ceremonies of the Sydney Olympic Games to Weill Hall, Carnegie Hall. She gained her AMusA, LMusA & LTCL at age 14 and 15. Yvonne has a Masters from Eastman School of Music, studying with Barry Snyder, and a Bachelor of Music with Honours from Sydney University. Yvonne taught at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music, Sydney University, where she developed and taught a new Masters of Music program in Piano Pedagogy as well as Harmony and Analysis, and Keyboard Harmony in the Musicology Department. Yvonne was on the Keyboard Staff of Knox Grammar School, Barker College, St. Aloysius College, and St. Ignatius College where she was Head of Piano. She released a CD of Australian works, First Light, with the Fellowship of Australian Composers. Yvonne recorded for 2MBS-FM, Grevillea, and ABC-FM.
Yvonne is on the piano faculty at Third Street Music Settlement School and works as accompanist at Kaufman Music Center. Yvonne is also a substitute teacher at the Juilliard School and accompanies at the Manhattan School of Music.
Instrument / Discipline
- Piano Pedagogy
- Youth (7-17)
- Adults (18+)
- Young Children (under 7)
- At a school
- At own home
- At own studio
- At student home
- Piano - Elementary
- Piano - Intermediate
- 1995 - Master of Music - Eastman School of Music
- 1991 - Bachelor of Music - Sydney University
- Associate Diploma, Australian Music Examinations Board - AMusA (AMEB) - 1985
- Licentiate Diploma, Australian Music Examinations Board - LMusA (AMEB) - 1986
- Licentiate Diploma, Trinity College - LTCL (Trinity College, London) - 1986
- Music Teachers National Association - National
- New York Music Teachers Association - Provincial / State