Great musicians need audiences who are willing to take journeys with them. The communal nature of making music and attending concerts is at the heart of everything we do. That is why the uncertainty of the situation in which we all find ourselves is so troubling. However, we also know that music and art will survive and you, our audiences, will return to celebrate with our artists in due time.
Please note that The Royal Conservatory of Music is monitoring the progress of COVID-19 closely. We are following all Health Canada, Public Health Ontario, and Toronto Public Health guidelines, and implementing all recommendations to protect the health of our audiences, students, artists, faculty, staff, and community members.
Our building is temporarily closed.
The following concerts have been postponed:
- John O'Conor and Beethoven - Sunday, March 15, 2020 - new date: Sunday, November 29, 2020
- Pamela Frank with Emanuel Ax - Friday, April 3, 2020 - new date: Wednesday, December 2, 2020
- The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain - Sunday, April 5, 2020 - new date: Tuesday, April 27, 2021
- SongBird North - Saturday, April 18, 2020 - new date: Saturday, September 26, 2020
- To the Distant Beloved - Sunday, April 19, 2020 - new date: Sunday, March 21, 2021
- Angela Hewitt - Sunday, April 26, 2020 - new date: Sunday, October 18, 2020
- Mokoomba and Wesli - Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - new date: Wednesday, April 14, 2021
- Orbert Davis “Soul Migration” - Saturday, May 2, 2020 - new date: Friday, October 23, 2020
- Ladom Ensemble - Sunday, May 3, 2020 - new date: Sunday, September 27, 2020
- Mariza - Thursday, May 7, 2020 - new date: Thursday, February 4, 2021
- Meow Meow - Friday, May 8, 2020 - new date: Saturday, May 1, 2021
- KUNÉ – Canada’s Global Orchestra and Moskitto Bar -
Saturday, May 9, 2020 - new date: Saturday, November 14, 2020
Tickets are valid for the new concert date and ticket holders have been notified of options.
The following concert is being discussed with its artists and their representatives:
- Matthias Goerne with Jan Lisiecki - Friday, April 24, 2020
You will receive further information about the status of these concerts shortly.
The following concerts have been cancelled:
- The Glenn Gould School Spring Opera 2020 -
Wednesday, March 18 & Friday, March 20, 2020
- The Glenn Gould School Chamber Competition Finals -
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
- Dang Thai Son - Sunday, April 5, 2020
- Rebanks Family Fellowship Concert - Wednesday, April 8, 2020
- The Glenn Gould School Piano Showcase -
Saturday, April 18, 2020
- Bomsori Kim with Rafał Blechacz - Saturday, April 25, 2020
- Gábor Takács-Nagy conducts the Royal Conservatory Orchestra - Friday, May 1, 2020
- Academy Chamber Orchestra - Wednesday, May 6, 2020
- Flipbook: Music and Images - Thursday, May 7, 2020
Ticket holders have been notified of their options.
The following concerts and events presented by others will not be happening as planned:
For information about concerts and events presented in our venues by other organizations, please contact those organizations directly.
We recognize that the situation is evolving rapidly and we are doing our part to keep our communities as safe as possible.
- June 4: Jazz FM - Jazz Lives 2020
- June 23: TD Toronto Jazz Festival - Michael Kaeshammer - new date: TBD
- June 24: TD Toronto Jazz Festival - Ana Moura
- June 25: TD Toronto Jazz Festival - John Scofield & Dave Holland Duo - new date: TBD
- July 2: TD Toronto Jazz Festival - Gregory Porter - new date: TBD
- July 9: Toronto Summer Music - Beethoven Unleashed
- July 10: Toronto Summer Music - Brahams Sextet
- July 11: Toronto Summer Music - ReGeneration 1, 2 & 3
- July 13: Toronto Summer Music - German Art Song
- July 14: Toronto Summer Music - Beethoven and All That Jazz
- July 15: Toronto Summer Music - Bach Celebration
- July 16: Toronto Summer Music - Iron Road
- July 17: Hejaz Entertainment presents: Pavlo in Concert - new date: November 4
- July 17: Toronto Summer Music - Ghosts of Beethoven
- July 18th: Toronto Summer Music - ReGeneration 4, 5 & 6
- July 20: Toronto Summer Music - Violin Sonatas - Part I
- July 21: Toronto Summer Music - VC2 Cello Duo
- July 22: Toronto Summer Music - Violin Sonatas - Part II
- July 23: Toronto Summer Music - The Missing Pages
- July 24: Toronto Summer Music - Miro Quartet
- July 25: Toronto Summer Music - ReGeneration 7 & 8
- July 27: Toronto Summer Music - Violin Sonatas - Part III
- July 28: Toronto Summer Music - A Night of Dance
- July 29: Toronto Summer Music - Danish String Quartet
- July 30: Toronto Summer Music - Heroic Emperor
- July 31: Toronto Summer Music - Schubert Octet
- August 1: Toronto Summer Music - TSM Finale
Please continue to refer to our website for further updates regarding concerts and events beyond April 5.
-You may contact our box office at [email protected]
if you need to exchange tickets for an upcoming performance or wish to donate the value of the ticket. We will be waiving exchange fees for subscribers and single ticket purchasers to enable increased planning and flexibility during this time.
We are taking the following steps on-site:
- Royal Conservatory staff has been alerted to the best practices and are encouraged to follow all guidelines and recommendations as detailed by Toronto Public Health
- We are taking extra precautionary measures by providing additional hand sanitizers and disinfectant wipes throughout the building, particularly in high traffic areas, including at entrances and exits of the building, at the box office, as well as in the lobbies and bars
- Increased cleaning schedule of surfaces, hand rails, doorknobs, handles, elevator keypads, ticketing office counter, bars, etc.
- More thorough and frequent cleaning of all concert halls, including armrests after every concert/event
- Cleaning microphones and any other appropriate gear and production equipment
Please check Toronto Public Health website for most recent information:
We also recognize that planning and adjustments around COVID-19 are changing rapidly, so we ask you to please check back with us regularly. We will be updating this page with new information as it becomes available.