Great musicians need audiences who are willing to take journeys with them. The communal nature of making music and attending concerts is at the heart of everything we do. That is why the uncertainty of the situation in which we all find ourselves is so troubling. However, we also know that music and art will survive and you, our audiences, will return to celebrate with our artists in due time.
Please note that The Royal Conservatory of Music is monitoring the progress of COVID-19 closely. We are following all Health Canada, Public Health Ontario, and Toronto Public Health guidelines, and implementing all recommendations to protect the health of our audiences, students, artists, faculty, staff, and community members.
Our building is temporarily closed.
The following concerts have been postponed:
- Pamela Frank with Emanuel Ax - Friday, April 3, 2020 - new date: to be announced soon
- The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain - Sunday, April 5, 2020 - new date: Tuesday, April 27, 2021
- SongBird North - Saturday, April 18, 2020 - new date: Saturday, September 26, 2020
- To the Distant Beloved - Sunday, April 19, 2020 - new date: to be announced soon
- Angela Hewitt - Sunday, April 26, 2020 - new date: Sunday, October 18, 2020
- Mokoomba and Wesli - Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - new date: Wednesday, April 14, 2021
- Meow Meow - Friday, May 8, 2020 - new date: Saturday, May 1, 2021
- KUNÉ – Canada’s Global Orchestra and Moskitto Bar -
Saturday, May 9, 2020 - new date: Saturday, August 29, 2020
Tickets are valid for the new concert date and ticket holders have been notified of options.
The following concerts are being discussed with artists and their representatives:
- Matthias Goerne with Jan Lisiecki - Friday, April 24, 2020
- Bomsori Kim with Rafał Blechacz - Saturday, April 25, 2020
- Orbert Davis “Soul Migration” - Saturday, May 2, 2020
- Ladom Ensemble - Sunday, May 3, 2020
- Mariza - Thursday, May 7, 2020
You will receive further information about the status of these concerts shortly.
The following concerts have been cancelled:
- The Glenn Gould School Spring Opera 2020 -
Wednesday, March 18 & Friday, March 20, 2020
- The Glenn Gould School Chamber Competition Finals -
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
- Dang Thai Son - Sunday, April 5, 2020
- Rebanks Family Fellowship Concert - Wednesday, April 8, 2020
- The Glenn Gould School Piano Showcase -
Saturday, April 18, 2020
- Gábor Takács-Nagy conducts the Royal Conservatory Orchestra - Friday, May 1, 2020
- Academy Chamber Orchestra - Wednesday, May 6, 2020
- Flipbook: Music and Images - Thursday, May 7, 2020
Ticket holders have been notified of their options.
The following concerts and events presented by others will not be happening as planned:
For information about concerts and events presented in our venues by other organizations, please contact those organizations directly.
We recognize that the situation is evolving rapidly and we are doing our part to keep our communities as safe as possible.
- March 20-April 3: All University of Toronto Faculty of Music performances
- March 22: Esprit Orchestra: Taiko Returns
- March 24: Canadian Chinese Association of the Arts: A Winter Waltz
- March 26-29: Tafelmusik: Bach St. Johns Passion
- March 29: Amici Chamber Ensemble: Cinema
- March 31: ACI Event: Kent Monkman, The Making of A Masterpiece
- April 2: The Sponsorship Marketing Awards
- April 8 and 10: Toronto Mendelssohn Choir: Sacred Music for Sacred Space
- April 11 - 19 Opera Atelier: The Resurrection
- April 23: Jazz FM: Jazz Lives 2020
- April 23 and 24 Soundstreams: Secrets
- May 21-24: Tafelmusik: Handel Celebration
Please continue to refer to our website for further updates regarding concerts and events beyond April 5.
-You may contact our box office at [email protected]
if you need to exchange tickets for an upcoming performance or wish to donate the value of the ticket. We will be waiving exchange fees for subscribers and single ticket purchasers to enable increased planning and flexibility during this time.
We are taking the following steps on-site:
- Royal Conservatory staff has been alerted to the best practices and are encouraged to follow all guidelines and recommendations as detailed by Toronto Public Health
- We are taking extra precautionary measures by providing additional hand sanitizers and disinfectant wipes throughout the building, particularly in high traffic areas, including at entrances and exits of the building, at the box office, as well as in the lobbies and bars
- Increased cleaning schedule of surfaces, hand rails, doorknobs, handles, elevator keypads, ticketing office counter, bars, etc.
- More thorough and frequent cleaning of all concert halls, including armrests after every concert/event
- Cleaning microphones and any other appropriate gear and production equipment
Please check Toronto Public Health website for most recent information:
We also recognize that planning and adjustments around COVID-19 are changing rapidly, so we ask you to please check back with us regularly. We will be updating this page with new information as it becomes available.