Praised for her honest and compelling stage presence, Bethany's operatic performances include Romilda from Handel's Serse, Micaëla, Pamina, Fiordiligi, and Dido. Bethany has a special interest in contemporary and Romantic-era art song and maintains an active recital schedule collaborating with colleagues in addition to presenting works for unaccompanied voice.
Bethany has been teaching voice for nearly ten years. Helping others tap into their innate artistry and musicianship is one of Bethany's greatest passions. She is currently teaching from Yarmouth, Nova Scotia.
Bethany is a native of Newfoundland, but she spent her childhood in the southern United States. After completing her Bachelor and Masters in Music at Memorial University in St John’s, Newfoundland, she began her DMA in Voice Performance at Western University in London, Ontario. This year, Bethany began her groundbreaking doctoral research in Voice Image. Bethany loves to interview singers about their experiences of their own voices and looks forward to continuing this important research throughout her life.
Instrument / Discipline
- Speech & Drama
- Youth (7-17)
- Adults (18+)
- At own home
- At own studio
- 2021 - Doctor of Musical Arts - Western University
- 2014 - Master of Music - Memorial University
- 2011 - Bachelor of Music - Memorial University
- Adjudicating and Masterclass Leading - A seminar on adjudication and masterclass-giving through Student NATS - 2018
- Belting is your birthright! - A day long seminar on belting for classical singers. - 2017
- Studio Management - Workshop on skills for private voice Management through Student NATS - 2019
- Vocal Ped Power Up - CCM Techniques - A 2-hour course on CCM vocal techniques for classical trained singers. - 2020
- Music Teachers National Association - National
- National Association of Teachers of Singing - National
- Nova Scotia Registered Music Teachers' Association - Provincial / State