WING CHOW, RMT, NATS, OCT, BA, BEd. (MRMTA, CFMTA, RCM & Kodaly Certified Teacher) from University of Calgary is known to be a passionate music specialist in elementary education. Along with her highly successful years as a music specialist with the Calgary Board of Education, she operated her private music school in Ontario for over 15 years “Inspiring Sounds Music Studio” where she offered Piano, Vocal, Theory and Music Theatre classes. Along with her students, Chow organized fund raising concerts which had raised over $12,000 to support the local charities in Ontario.
In September 2019, she moved to Manitoba and was the music specialist for Kindergarten to Grade 6 with the School District of Mystery Lakes. Her interest in teaching music and dedication to young people is reflected in her many years of involvement in music festivals and public performances. Chow has a great passion for teaching young children and promoting quality music education. In Aug 2021, Chow has moved to Brandon and will continue to offer qualified music programs in Brandon School Division and our local community.
• Teacher Certificate of Excellence from Little Mozart International Competition
• Teacher Certificate of Excellence from Crescendo International Music Competition
• Teacher Certificate of Recognition from Great Composers International Competitions
• Teacher Certificate of Recognition from ENKOR International Vocal Competition
Chow’s piano and singing students won numerous awards at the local, provincial and national levels. Many of her students achieved very high standards including:
• Adjudicated at Canadian Federation of Music Teachers’ Association (CFMTA) E-Festival.
• Winners and Finalists of International competitions including Crescendo International Music Competition, Little Mozart Music Competition, Steinway & Sons Piano Competition, Great Composers International Competitions, ENKOR International Vocal Competition, Hal Leonard Vocal Competitions.
• Students competed and performed at Carnegie Recital Hall in New York City.
• Special awards and scholarships winners from different local and provincial music festivals including Orillia Kiwanis Music Festival, South Simcoe Arts Council Music Festival, Barrie Music Festival, Ontario Provincial Music Festival, CFMTA E-Festival and many more.
• Achieved 100% perfect scores in RCM Theory exams.
• Achieved First Class Honors with Distinctions (over 90%) in RCM Practical exams.
• Students were accepted to undergraduate and graduate music programs at U of T, York University, Sheridan College including the well-known Young Canadian Tenor, Daevyd Pepper.
Instrument / Discipline
- Chinese (Cantonese)
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Youth (7-17)
- Young Children (under 7)
- At a school
- At own home
- At own studio
- Piano - Advanced
- Piano - Elementary
- Piano - Intermediate
- Theory - Elementary
- Theory - Intermediate
- Voice - Elementary
- Voice - Intermediate